Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Update on the Fords

This past week Peyton had croup and went in for breathing treatments & steroids on Monday & again on Wednesday. It was awful to have him sick, but at the same time kind of nice to have his scream weakened. Dyllan over the weekend put his tooth through his bottom lip. He was a little too excited to finish his movie and did a seal dive onto his bed right into his foot board. His poor little mouth was bloody and he cried for a minute and then was fine. Earlier in the week a lady tried to squeeze past us at Costco in a hurry to get a sample and smashed Dyllan's little finger between the carts. It swelled up huge, I thought it was broken, but I think she smashed a blood vessel or something because it has stayed black & blue, but he can bend it and he says it doesn't hurt. Ice Cream was all it took to make that one all better. I can't believe how tough little boys are and how often they really do get hurt. This is a weekly routine for us now with two toddler boys. They sure are a lot of fun though, nothing makes me happier.

On Sunday the boys got to wear their new church attire and they looked so stinkin cute! They were being missionators is what Dyllan says. He loves the Missionators, I love that he makes them sound like super heroes because they really are!

Saturday we went to see Santa at 10 and there was no line! They got to go right over and talk to him and sit on his lap. Dyllan told him exactly what he wanted, a Buzz Lightyear. They both sat and listened to him and neither of them cried at all which really surprised me!

5 comments:

RIndi said...

First off, what cute little boys! I loved the missionators comment and so cute with santa! Second, poor babies! I can't believe that sore little lip! That's something I'm not looking forward to! I don't know how I'll handle it! I guess with a little boy, you've got to learn to deal with it though! Boys are so fun!

the murdocks said...

HAHHAAHAHHHA...I love that the upside to peyton being sick was having his scream weekened. Oh I love those boys. And the pic of them on santa is classic. Both so content, yet totally interested. Poor things...now that christmas is over lets all relax. AAHHHHH. And hang out soon :)

Brenda said...

Poor little buddies! Croup is awful, Jackson had it last September. I'm glad he is doing better. What I want to know is did the lady at Costco stop or realize she hurt Dyllan? People make me so mad. Hope she enjoyed her chimichanga sample!

Tibett said...

Hi! I hope you had a great Christmas! We missed playing last week, too. Let's for sure hit chick-fil-a this week. We could go any day...I'm not working any more! So let me know what day is best for you.

Michelle Mills said...

Cute Blog Laurel! I still can't believe you have those 2 little boys! I'm getting old. Now you need some girls to raise!

d