Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Walter in Kindiegarten

Dyllan started kindergarten today and was so excited! I thought he might get a little bit nervous when it was time to go but I was wrong, he couldn't wait to leave this morning. Justin went to work early so that he would be able to leave for a minute and walk with us to school. I think it made D feel like he was the luckiest kid there. He did such a great job, he ran over to his class and got in line without even hesitating. He did say goodbye to me this year at least. It makes it so easy when they are so independent. There was one mom there that sat at the playground sobbing after the kids went in. I can't imagine being that emotional about my kids going to school, but apparently it is really really hard for some people. Thanks for being so independent Walter!! I hope Peyton and the girls will be as excited to go to school as you are!




First day of kindergarten!



Boys can't take pictures without making some sort of face in at least a few of them.




I was so happy that he was excited to go to school, it sure makes it easy for me to send him and know that he is confident and happy to be learning and making new friends.



He is so handsome!!




These two best friends will be spending a little less time with each other from now on.





I can't believe how old they are getting!




When I came to pick him up he came out and told me he had a great day at school.



He cannot wait for preschool to start in 4 weeks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's crazy to me that you have a kid starting kindergarten!!! ;) Sounds like such a fun time, though. Your kids are so cute and I bet you are a great mommy.
P.S. If kindergarten was starting tomorrow for my little guy, I think I would be that sobbing mom. Good thing I have a little while, hehe ;)

Jonathan and Kiri said...

No way! Starting kindergarten?! I don't believe it! But he looks adorable and I'm so happy to hear he was happy and ready!!

d