Monday, August 17, 2009

5 Years Ago...


Five years ago today I made the best decision of my life, to marry my best friend. Who would have thought that these two kids would have (almost) three kids five years later? We met when Justin was friends with my brother in High School. He came around the house a lot and used to take me & my friends places when Brandon refused. I always liked him and used to tell my mom I was going to marry him. I was only 12. I started writing him about 5 months after he left on his mission to England and we wrote back and forth every week for the rest of his mission. He got home in March of 2004 and we spent pretty much every day together after that. I turned 18 on June 2, graduated High School on June 3rd and we got engaged on June 5th. We were married 2 1/2 months later on August 17, 2004 in the Salt Lake Temple. It has been an incredible 5 years. I won't lie, it has been hard at times but I would not trade the hard times for anything. They have made us work together and become stronger.

Just a couple things I love about him :
He is the hardest working person I know. Once he decides he is going to do something he not only accomplishes it, he makes sure he is the best at whatever it is because he won't accept anything less of himself. I love that about him.

He is a big kid. He loves to tease and harass me about everything. Especially if I am wrong and he can prove it, he loves that. He loves to play sports even though he doesn't have very much time to and exercise as much as possible. He still gets the football itch when the weather turns cool. He is a die hard BYU fan and I am a U fan. It's fun to watch the games together and argue back and forth about who is better.

He has me completely "whooped"...still. I don't always love this because he can get me to do whatever he wants, but I love being in love with him and still getting excited to see him everyday.

He loves to play with our kids. Sometimes he plays a little rough and teaches them things I don't want him to, but I love watching him play with them and seeing their little faces get so excited when they hear him coming home each evening. They definitely love their daddy. I can't wait to see him with our little girl in October. I know she is going to melt him and be spoiled, he already bought her all new stuff.

He has taught me so much about the gospel. I love that he served a mission and has been able to teach me so many things that I never understood. I always seem to have questions and he knows how to answer them. He is a great example to me.


We have been growing up together for the past five years and I am so happy that I get to continue growing up with him and grow old together. He always puts up with me and tries to make me happy when I've had a bad day. He is definitely my other half, everything I could ask for. I love him more than I could ever express and feel so lucky to spend the eternities with such a great man. Happy Anniversary Justin, I love you!

12 comments:

Tibett said...

I love this post! Your pictures are beautiful!, and what a neat couple you are. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff and Mallory said...

You guys are so dang cute! Happy Anniversary!

thetoddfamily said...

I can't believe it has already been 5 years! You guys are the cutest couple!!!

The Paytons said...

Happy Anniversary! I seriously can't beleive it's been 5 years! Where does the time go? And yes we do need to get together! I'll be gone all this week but I'm free next week so lets do something!

melissa said...

you 2 are absolutely perfect for each other! i loved all the pics from the wedding! congrats, your family is adorable

Brenda said...

How sweet Laurel! What a cute couple.

Rachel Worthen said...

Congratulations on five years you two! That was an adorable post Laurel, almost made me cry! ;-)

Alli said...

Very cute Laurel, great pics! Congrats on the 5 yrs, that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years and almost 3 kids later! What an accomplishment (and you look so great!). I love all the pics you posted.

Britny Hill said...

That is so cute! You guys make such an adorable couple! Congrats on 5 years and baby 3!!

the murdocks said...

Ok, I LOVE this post! Laurel, I love your words. Maybe it's because I love you guys and couldn't be happier that you are together and living down the street from me.
And I hate you for looking the exact same 5 years later. You look beautiful!

Keri Cannon said...

You guys are the cutest couple! Congrats on the upcoming 3rd baby! It was fun to see you yesterday!

d