Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Dyllan Jack & Trey being silly boys
Peyton
I left him there while I went out to hide the treat bags & sure enough, he hadn't moved when I came back.
Dyllan & Peyton
Finally a smile!
Playing on the Ford tractor
Parker, Dyllan & Trey

We had so much fun this week at the Pumpkin Patch! Dyllan & Peyton love going to playgroup & seeing all of their friends. Playgroup is my calling in the ward, it is one of the Enrichment groups, so this week we went to the Mabey's Pumpkin Patch. Dyllan was so excited when I told him what we would be doing. Karrie Pederson does playgroup with me & we bought little toys & candy & put them in bags to hide out in the patch. Most of the kids are 2 & 3, so we obviously didn't really hide them, we just kind of tossed them off the side of the rows of Pumpkins. Before they went to find their goody bags we had our friend Karen read a Halloween story to the kids & had cookies & juice for all the moms & kids that came. I was so happy with the turnout, we had 19 walking children that came and a couple of babies, so there were a lot of people that showed up.They were all so grateful & all of the kids had a blast, it was fun. Here are a few of the pictures I took of the boys & their friends.

9 comments:

Jeff and Mallory said...

Looks like so much fun! It makes me want to come to play group! Maybe one day...

the murdocks said...

Oh that was so fun! Definitely the highlight of my week...thanks for all your work! Oh shoot, I need to send you the pics I took...

thetoddfamily said...

yes we still live in Herriman- not the main part. we live off of 12600S and 4600 W. if you guys are in Daybreak- that is really close to us. we should get together and let our kids play!

RIndi said...

Sounds so fun! I love that you really didn't hide anything, you just threw them around. . . it's funny now that I'm a parent and I look back on things and try and see it from my parents point of view I end up feeling a lot less proud of my dumb accomplishments (like figuring things out that are SO obvious!) Anyway, your kids are darling!

The Godfreys said...

Laurel.... your family is so cute! It's so good to see you guys!

The Baldwin's said...

So cute Laurel!! I'm so glad you blog, and I hate that I've missed you everytime you and I are both at church!! I still have never seen your cute boys so yea! They are so handsome and it looks like you are just having the time of your life!!

Michelle said...

I had no idea you guys had a blog. YEAH! The boys are getting so big. Can't wait to see them sometime soon.

Love,
Michelle and Fam

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Hey Laurel! Your boys are sooo cute! It's so fun to see you on here with your cute little family!

Tibett said...

wasn't the Pumpkin Patch a fun day with playgroup. I'm so glad you plan such fun stuff for us to do! Trey had a blast playing with Dyllan yesterday...we'll have to get them together again soon. Love your blog! I'm adding you to my list!

d